Friday, January 10, 2014

ulta run

For Christmas I was given an Ulta gift card. I debated back and forth whether to use it on practical items that I was running low on (nail polish remover, top coat, eye liner) or on dreamy items that I have been lusting after. In the end, I decided to balance out my needs and wants by getting a bit of both.

SKIN

I am finally the owner of the Dermalogica Gentle Cream Exfoliant. This has been three years in the making people! I remember first hearing about it from Lisa Eldridge when she made her skincare video series. Out of all the products she mentioned (there are a lot!) this was the one item that made such an impression on me that I slotted it away onto my mental "to try" list.

The rest of the items pictured are a few samples that arrived at my doorstep with a SkinStore order I recently purchased for my sister. She isn't as passionate (i.e. obsessed) about skincare as me so I just asked her what her skin concerns and goals were and picked a few items for her. She is a fan of Ole Henriksen Three Little Wonder Set. She also requested an anti aging eye product so I chose the Ole Henriksen Truth is in the Eyes for her to try since she is such a fan of the brand.

HAIR & NAILS

I was browsing the hair aisle with no real expectations when I came across Orofluido Hair Elixir. Has this always been at Ulta? I remember one of my favorite youtubers BlushingPixie (where did she go? D:) raved about this back in the day and seeing as she has amazing hair, I have high hopes. This also reminded me that I am about finished with my Moroccan Oil and needed a replacement. While I do enjoy Moroccan Oil, I felt like trying something new. This seemed like a nice alternative; it smells great, has similar benefits as Moroccan Oil, and is cheaper.

My Ulta finally had some Seche Vite Restore in stock so I threw that in my pile as well. I am in desperate need of it since my current Seche Vite is quite thick. I plan to try out a different top coat once my bottle is finished though, ain't nobody got time for that. Perhaps Sally Hansen Insta-Dri...

Lastly is Luke of the Draw polish by Nicole for OPI. I actually had my eye on this shade ever since seeing it on Into The Gloss but by the time I started searching for it the collection was phased out. I spotted it in the sale section for only $2, not bad!

Close up of the color. Black jelly base with a plethora of differently shaped silver glitter particles. I am already cringing thinking about removal. It will be worth it, right?!? Gunmetal polishes are a weakness to me and that is what this reminds me of, albeit a bit more glamorous.

No comments:

Post a Comment